“Phyno And Peter Okoye Copied My Hairstyle” – Iceberg Slim Agitates Beef With “Copycats”

17:29

If you don’t know Iceberg Slim, well, I won’t say he’s that prominent with his “music career” but I can tell you that he’s one with cooking beef… You can ask our Chairman, M.I Abaga, who served it to few years back.

In an exclusive interview with Punch Newspaper, the musician, Olusegun Olowokere better known as Iceberg Slim, slammed two of his colleagues, Peter Okoye of Psquareand Phyno, agitating another beef as he accused them of copying his “hairstyle”.

The singer is signed to Tiwa Savage’s ex husband, TeeBillz’ 323 Entertainment. He tells the publication his voice and his hairstyle are the unique features that distinguishes him from other musicians, pleading with them to stop duplicating so that he can have his own brand identity.

He is quoted as saying:

“I don’t sound like anyone else, from my accent to my tone and diction. I try to constantly reinvent my hairstyle, so that I do not look like anyone else either. So far, these two things have been distinguishing factors.

“When I started the MoHawk in Nigeria, I saw the likes of Phyno and Peter (P-Square) replicate it. I later changed my hairstyle and decided to just do one single braid going to the back, now I see X-Busta and a few others have reproduced it, once again. If they weren’t entertainers, this would probably be fine. Well, I’ve changed it yet again! Please, no more copying,” he said.

He went to disclose that he draws his inspiration from notable superstars like Drake, Kanye West and Tuface… lauded the Nigerian music industry, affirming that it has definitely come a long way.

Artikel Terkait

Previous
Next Post »