Woman Goes Into Forest to Fetch Firewood But What She Found There is Shocking

17:36

Smangele, a South African woman, recently went to the forest to fetch some firewood, but then found something much more precious.

According to Daily Sun SA, Smangele revealed that on after arriving in the forest on Monday she found a small cardboard box, covered by a piece of cloth, with a newborn baby girl inside.

And now she plans to adopt the little abandoned one as her own daughter – and name her Andile!

The 33-year-old mum from Mtubatuba in northern KZN said the baby was still alive. Her umbilical cord was still attached and covered in blood.

Smangele said she immediately called the police and the ambulance to save the baby.

“God knows I love children and I will take her as my own and raise her as soon as everything is approved,” said Smangele. “She’s currently in hospital. I am glad I was able to save her and it will give me great pleasure to one day call her my daughter.”

Smangele stays with her teenage daughter (15) and son (8), who she said were also happy that she had found the baby.

“I have named her Andile and I hope the social workers don’t take her away because I have bonded with her.”

Councillor Siya Khumalo urged those who have information that could lead to the arrest of the woman who abandoned the baby to come forward.

KZN social development department spokesman Vukani Mbhele said social workers will assist Smangele with all the necessary processes.

Police spokeswoman Captain Nqobile Gwala said a case of child abandonment was opened at Mtubatuba cop shop.

No arrest has been made so far.

Artikel Terkait

Previous
Next Post »